Friday, September 4, 2009

Wisdom

Last night I was talking to one of my BFF's BB and he was telling me how he was learning from his job and applying it to his life. After listening to him (he's amazing) I simply said, "Sounds like wisdom to me." He smiled and then I explained.

One day when I was reading the Book of Mormon I read a verse that stuck out to me. It is found in Mosiah 12:27 and reads, "Ye have not applied your hearts to understanding; therefore, ye have not been wise..."

Being that I love language, linguistics, syntax, etc I love how you can flip the above sentence to also read applied understanding in the hear is wisdom or in my own words wisdom is knowledge applied. Such a great principle that is everywhere in the Book of Mormon and the key to reading it. The blessings come in the application of gospel principles!

No comments:

Post a Comment